On the same way we like to update the wardrobe to receive the warmest months of the year, we should also do the same with our homes … the interior decor is a reflection of our inner beauty.
1. COLOURS: Be inspired by colours like white, ecru, cream, beige, blue, pink, yellow, green and red to liven up the house from one end to the other … after all, It’s summer!
2. WINDOW BLINDS: Replace heavier blinds for airy and transparent models or semi-transparent … Silhouette Blinds and Pirouette Blinds are excellent option!
3. OBJECTS: Use and abuse of decorative and functional objects in wicker, raffia, sisal, bamboo and rope for a casual look and full summer. You can even add sisal Vertical Blind!
4. DOORS AND WINDOWS: Open doors and windows to allow the communion of the inside and the outside, and if you need to change the exposure of furniture to enjoy more views, do it … this is called to decorate without spending much.
5. NO CARPETS! Summer is synonymous with walking barefoot, so take the time to wash or have to wash the rugs and carpets from the house and leave the floor bare – an instant decorating trick.
6. TEXTILES: pillows, towels, bedspreads and sheets – should be white and / or floral for a breath of fresh air indoors. You can customise your own pillow with any colours or pattern you want and give a very special touch! Check this tutorial!
7. FRUITS: Enjoy seasonal fruits to create centres of appealing – a taste for the eyes! For example, a blue bowl with lemons or a white plate with peaches becomes a prominent note in any kitchen or dining room.
8. NAUTICAL: How long have you wanting to experience a nautical decor? For do it, this is the perfect time!
9. FLOWERS: The decoration of the tables should focus on vibrant and appealing colours, or mix white crockery with colourful patterns and with smooth for a true sitting summer party. Take advantage of seasonal flowers to create simple and informal arrangements.
10. SEASHELLS: In summer, the tendency is to spend more time outdoors, which means they must prepare the patio or balcony for sunny afternoons and long evenings. But you can also do the reverse – bringing the outside to the inside. Take advantage of the shells collected by the sea or use a watering can in iron or brass to place a floral arrangement.
11. PHOTOS: It is time to renew the photos of mountings, replacing them with images taken in other summers, holidays and past trips. Why not also display cards of places we have had the privilege of visiting or so of dream destinations?
12. PICTURES: Also change the paintings and framed photographs of beach scenes, field, flowers or any other image that makes you remember the summer: an ice cream cup, barefoot, sunset, sun …
13. TORCHES: Place torches or lanterns to the house entrance, windows or patio to create a beach party environment.
14. SWIMMING POOL: If you are lucky enough to have a pool at home, take advantage of this unique space and decorate it with inviting outdoor furniture, candles, unique night lighting and invite friends to a delicious barbecue.
15. BEACH IS HERE! Rejuvenate the living room with sofa covers in white, with floral or coloured stripes for cottage-chic style. If you want to create even more space devoted to the beach, pull a surfboard in a corner or bring a deckchair in lintel into the house.
16. PAINTING: There is no better time than the summer to paint walls – with doors and windows open, will dry and air in an instant – so inspire you with a cool tone and transform an entire room or just one wall for an instant brightness.
Enjoy the summer!